A Celebration of Fatherhood examines the subject of fatherhood at every stage from the birth of your child to the time she leaves home. It relates the author’s journey as he experiences the joys, challenges and rewards of fatherhood. Ross Dumoulin offers a father’s point of view and shares what he has learned about marriage and parenthood. It is a true story told with humour and feeling. It touches upon the themes of love, faith, values and priorities, married life, pregnancy, the parent-child bond, raising your child, fatherhood philosophy, the school years, raising your teenager and becoming an empty-nester. The text is filled with excerpts of heartfelt letters, humorous descriptions of events and engaging anecdotes.
This ode to family and fatherhood is an exploration of parenting that will move and inspire many readers. It shows how men can be good fathers and encourages them to truly embrace their role as fathers.
You will read about these real-life accounts and insights:
- what makes a healthy marriage;
- how a father can have childlike fun with his little girl or boy;
- how parents can work with their child and her teachers to overcome behavioural problems at school;
- how sports and exercise can have a significant positive impact on a child;
- how a father can have a meaningful talk on the subject of sexuality with his teenage daughter;
You will find this story to be moving, entertaining, funny and—above all—useful.
There are no reviews yet.